A number of new resources have just been added to Granite School District’s SAFARI Montage digital library. These resources are all cataloged and searchable from within the system.
From Granite School District:
- SAGE Resources Playlist — A selection of resources for SAGE testing preparation, created by school technology specialists in the district.
- SMART Basics and SMART Advanced Playlists — SMART Notebook 11 Tutorials for teachers, created by district technology specialists.
From SAFARI Montage:
- Khan Academy — 1,852 web links to Khan Academy videos, as featured on YouTube**. Topics include: physics, biology, chemistry, astronomy, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, precalculus, American civics, finance, economics and more. Khan Academy’s online library of educational videos offers ideal resources for project-based learning or student review and enrichment assignments.
- MIT Open Courseware — Web links to MIT courses across a wide variety of subject areas, including biology, chemistry, physics, history, language arts, math and world languages. Courses include assets such as pre-recorded video lecture clips, lecture notes, practice problems, exams and more.
- Numberphile — Math videos in which innovative teachers explore math applications in the real world. Topics include: prime numbers, pi, probability, algorithms and more.
- Reading Rockets — Includes author interviews (Walter Dean Myers, Jane Yolen, Avi) and professional development videos, where experts discuss implementing peer-assisted learning, social skills and learning disabilities, becoming bilingual and reading instruction for English Language Learners.
- Scholastic Channel — Includes interviews with notable children’s authors such as Gary Paulsen, Suzanne Collins and Christopher Paul Curtis, as well as book trailers covering a wide range of ages and genres. Also includes interviews with notable Americans such as President Barack Obama and Representative John Lewis, who reflects on the Freedom Rides 50 years later.
- TED-Ed — Includes web links to fascinating TED Talks and TED-Ed videos spanning all subjects.
Even more content is coming soon, so be on the lookout.
If you have any suggestions or requests for additional content or you just need help finding something, you can use our handy Resource Request and Suggestion Box. You can also contact Josh Whiting in the Educational Technology department. Please check out our SAFARI Montage Resources page for all sorts of tutorials, how-to guides, and other resources.