This post collects digital resources for 4th Grade Utah Studies.
- KUED’s We Shall Remain – A five-part documentary of the native history of Utah, along with associated lesson plans and other resources. We have the films in Safari Montage and they are also accessible from UEN’s eMedia. Here is a link to our playlist of them in Safari Montage (http://safari.graniteschools.org/?p=234da757-0a8e-11e3-8929-002590692374)
- We Shall Remain: Utah American Indian Curriculum Project – This includes lesson plans and other resources for 4th grade, and also incorporates the KUED We Shall Remain videos already mentioned. (http://www.utahindians.org/Curriculum/index.php)
- I Love History (Utah Division of State History) – Learning resources for young people, teachers, and anyone interested in Utah History. (http://www.ilovehistory.utah.gov/)
- Utah History to Go (Utah State Historical Society) – Online course for Utah History with text at a higher reading level than the I Love History site already mentioned. (http://historytogo.utah.gov/)
- Counties of Utah (http://www.uen.org/counties/)
- UEN’s Utah Resources – This is actually a great collection not only of UEN materials but links to various outside web sites and resources. Some of them, such as the Utah Collections Multimedia Encyclopedia and Heritage Gateways, include videos. (http://www.uen.org/k12educator/uenresources.php?cat=Utah)
- UEN’s 4th Grade Lesson Plans – scroll down to the Social Studies section (http://www.uen.org/Lessonplan/LPview.cgi?grade=4)
- Utah Teaching with Primary Sources – (Click on Grade 4) Lesson plans with links to digital representations of primary sources (http://www.utahteachingwithprimarysources.com/index.html)
- Utah Collections Multimedia Encyclopedia (in eMedia) – includes lots of short video clips in series such as “A People’s History of Utah” and “Geography of Utah.” (http://eq.uen.org/emedia/access/hierarchy.do?topic=2857206c-c229-547c-3bff-729c52a21464)
- Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel Database – This database compiles the actual rosters of pioneer companies, selections from diaries, accounts, newspaper articles, etc. Could be some good information for research or activities. (https://history.lds.org/overlandtravels/)
We will continue to update this list as we find new resources. If you know of any other good Utah digital resources, please share them in a comment and we will add them to the list!