Throughout the summer the Educational Technology Department is featuring reading and learning resources for students and parents, and they are all collected under the Summer Reading and Learning 2020 tag on the Educational Technology department blog. We are also syndicating them here:
- Granitemedia.org is the website for the district’s school library program, which is part of our Educational Technology Department. Granite Media publishes daily book reviews written by students, librarians, and educators […]
- Elementary students and staff can get a head start this summer reading books for next year’s Best Books Challenge! Granite’s Elementary Best Books Challenge continues the Granite Battle of the Books trivia […]
- Neighborhood Naturalists and other activities from the Natural History Museum of Utah | Summer Reading and Learning 2020The Natural History Museum of Utah is one of the finest learning attractions in the state of Utah, and although their exhibitions are closed to the public right now they’ve […]
- Even though the branches of the The County Library are not open for in-person visits, they are still providing all sorts of virtual services to Granite students and community members, […]
- Reposted from our School and District Library program site, Granitemedia.org. In Granite’s Sora we’ve curated a collection of over 80 books for children and teens discussing race, racism, civil rights, […]
- Sora is open for reading all summer! Sora is a reading app for Granite students, filled with thousands of ebooks and audiobooks you can borrow and read or listen to […]
For even more ideas, browse our Summer Learning + Reading 2020 Pinterest Board and visit the Summer Resources page of the main district web site. You will find ideas and resources from Granite school libraries and educational technology specialists, opportunities from other organizations in our community, and resources freely available on the internet.
Have something to share? Comment below or mention us on one of our social media channels, linked at the top of the right sidebar.